Thursday 21 November 2013

LETS ALL TAKE A MOMENT TO THINK ABOUT MCBUSTED.

Okay, the moment is over. I'm really excited for the tour and everything but I don't think they need another blogpost dedicated to them...

What I really wanted to talk about is the amaaaaazing video to Girls by The 1975. If you haven't seen it yet a) WHY NOT?! and b) It will change your life. Its weird and clever and funny and bizarre, basically everything you need in a music video.
It hits back at all the abuse they got for the Sex video, which by the way is also very good. *WHO CARES IF ITS IN COLOUR, GO HOME*
 Anyway, the video starts with the band stood talking about how it just isn't right, not them or what they're about. Matty says 'we're not a pop band, it needs to be black and white for a start' Which is obviously the musical equivalent of sticking your fingers up at the critics who described them as a pop group and many other predictable, boring cliches. Then it jumps into a video full of colour, models, sun and dodgy close ups.

 Basically the least indie thing ever.

 Well thats what I thought at first, but then seen as this is sad little me and I have nothing better to do I sat and thought about it. And now I've decided that the whole video is possibly the most indie thing ever... They're making fun of themselves and purposely putting their reputation in the firing line. No pop star or mainstream musician would ever do that. If they're the only ones doing it, it must be indie? I don't know, I have my own warped ideas of the world, but how I see it this is one of the smartest, most amazingly ironic videos of recent years. And for that, I love you The 1975 :)


Even if you don't like their music, watch it for the models.

In other news, its only 33 days until Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment